[ANSTHRLD] CBs and BiFs in new OP code

Zodiacus Herald zodiacus at herald.ansteorra.org
Fri Nov 8 09:45:13 PST 2019

Part of the new code for the OP identifies what event and what crown gave
that award. Which is just fine and dandy and awesome. Except for one teensy
tiny thing that I keep flipping back and forth on.

Court Baronies given to stepping down Barony-in-Fiefs.

They are automatically back dated to when they first stepped up to the BiF.
So should the designated Crown be the ones who 1) granted the BiF or 2)
granted the CB? And what event should be listed - the BiF or the CB?

And currently we list out in the notes "barony name date-date" to show that
someone served as a BiF. But if keeping track of the BiF & Crown doing so
is important (which I think it is) maybe we need a purely database-relevant
new entry of, for example, OldBiF with date, Crown & event. Hm, it could be
given a rank of 20 so it wouldn't interfere with anyone's OP rank.

So your thoughts on this are welcome. I'm posting this on the Ansteorran
Heraldic Consultation FB list too. Reply where it's easier for you.