HERB - ginger/galingale-growing

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Apr 27 20:18:31 PDT 1998

A lady in my household gave me what she called "white ginger".  It sends
up the long stalks, and puts on several pure white blossoms.  I have yet
to harvest and eat any, do I understand rightly that it is best to
harvest in the fall right after the flowers die?
	I spent the day in the yard, whacked weeds, planted seeds, and
fertilized.  It was a lovely day for it, and once it gets too hot, the
plants are on their own!
	Christianna