HERB - documenting herbs for treating epilepsy?

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Wed Apr 29 07:40:55 PDT 1998

Alisoun Ashling asked:
>That said: can anyone on this list tell me of any herbal remedies used in the
>past/present to treat epilepsy (identifying sources, etc.)? Thank you.

According to page 170 of the first edition of "Prescription for Nutritional
Healing," present remedies used in conjunction with a comprehensive
nutritional and life-style adjustment program for epileptic patients:

  "...should include black cohosh, hyssop, and lobelia...."

I'm at work and the first edition of this book is what I have in front
of me. Obviously, you should pay attention to when you should and should
not use the herbs (e.g. pregnancy, allergy).

The full reference for the second edition is:

  Balch, James F. & Balch, Phyllis A. (1996). _Prescription for
  nutritional healing: A practical A-Z reference to drug-free
  remedies using vitamins, minerals, herbs, and food supplements_
  (2nd Ed). Garden City Park, New York: Avery Publishing Group Inc.
  ISBN: 0895297272

Amazon.com describes and sells the second edition of this book at:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0895297272/002-1494966-9001051

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Jasmine de Cordoba