HERB - Back From the War

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Mon Aug 17 10:54:45 PDT 1998

Mistress Cristianna share her Pennsic experiences, saying:
>Well, we have made it home safe and sound.  We encountered several
>problems on the road (both there and back again)

Tons of problems on the way back for a lot of people. My great
hope is that the cause of the 2 hour standstill on I-80 Sunday
was not the result of an SCA-goer on the way home. The truckers
that I talked with said 5 car serious injury accident with air
lifts taking away victims.

Ever watched people play golf on a toll road? We had putt putt
and a rousing game of catch going while the police worked with
the accident. Bathrooms were nowhere to be found. Fortunately,
I was still dehydrated from the Pennsic heat. :)

>My highlights included:[...]
>Having no less than 3 of my proteges on site, and having them all
>be busy and productive members of the Pennsic experience

Someday I'll be a protege. Someday I'll be a protege. Someday
I'll be a protege. *clicks heels together* Now if I could just
find a willing Laurel. :) I did have a great time sitting on
Darkyard members and slathering bruise ointment on their bodies,
though.

Them: "What's this? Will it hurt?"

Me: "Only if you keep moving. Now sit still and don't make
     me tell the General on you."

Them: "OW!"

Me: "Trust me. All of these ingredients are period. Really."

I love being an herbalist in training. :)

>Mistress Christianna
>(who's feet are mostly clean, but who's laundry is not)

My feet are never coming clean. And no one recognized me this
morning in the office. I'm too tan. :)

As for my highlights, I'm not sure many people would believe
them, but they involved Red Rover, Kamakazies, and thunderstorms.
Not necessarily in that order. And the Wild Turkey had nothing
to do with it, no matter what they say. :)

>I missed the Herb List reception and the Middle Bridge
>Luncheon, (so much to do, so little time)  but enjoyed meeting a few
>folks from those lists as well.

I missed it too and I'm very bummed. Is there a chance that
anyone on the list is going to the Midrealm Crown or to the
Pentamere RUM special session on cooking and brewing (both
are going to be in Kalamazoo, MI)? I'd love to have another
chance to meet some of you and these are the next events
that I'm most likely to attend.

Feel free to contact me if anyone will be nearby in Michigan.
I've got an extra bedroom and three extra beds if anyone needs
a place to crash and doesn't mind two curious cats.

Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm (Metro-Detroit area of Michigan)
jasmine at infoengine.com or g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim