HERB - Back From the War

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Tue Aug 18 07:07:35 PDT 1998

Raisya wrote:

>Let's see, I got a stack of reprinted "house wife's" books,

Oooh. Which ones are those? Anything the rest of us would be
interested in?

> Saw a lot of things I would really love to have,
>but can't afford yet, but didn't find some of the books I was hoping for.

We all did, I think, see things we couldn't afford. I actually chose
not to buy the Medieval Health Handbook because my husband needed
some trim more. I'm regretting that slightly, but amazon.com says
they still have it, so perhaps I can convince my DH to get that as
a birthday present.

Now the big thing I really wanted was that $100+ copy of Gerard's
Herbal (sitting right next to the $175 copy of the Beatus Manuscript).
*sigh* Why is it that the herb books (and illumination books) we
want are all so darned expensive? I wish more of their texts were
online at etext sites.

>The biggest highlight of my week was my husband's knighting (hard to top that
><G>).

Congrats!

>The bad news is, when I got home, one section of my soaker hose had clogged or
>something, and I lost some of my best plants.

And condolences. Best of luck in getting that strawberry back if you can.
As luck would have it, my husband had the forsight to move all my plants
to the front of the stoop before he left for War (we went separately).
The platns ended up having the benefit of a misaligned sprinkler in the
apartment complex's watering system. Talk about luck.

>Jasmine,
>You're Dark Yard?  Were you there Tuesday night for Mistress Aleecia's
>stories?  She's one of my laurels, and I work for her at Pennsic.

I was there briefly before the storytelling began and I understand
there was a video tape of the telling (the story of the Horn, right?)
that the household made. I'm actually not a member of Darkyard, more
of a good friend. Master Trelloggin (Laurel, Pelican, Knight, next
year's War Autocrat) drove me down for land grab.

This War I watered the Darkyard and Ironwolf fighters as they came
off the field (and Midrealm & Eastern fighters during holds).
Then I pinned the Darkyarders in camp and minstered their ails, whether
they liked it or not. I'm happy to say that most of the hideous bruises
aren't anything like what they normally would be without the bruise
ointment. I'm making it again (with a few modifications) and taking
it to every event I attend that has fighting. And I'm also going to
bring my experiments in recreating tiger balm. My husband loves it, so
I guess it's time to try it on some other folk. :)

Jasmine
jasmine at infoengine.com