HERB - Ointments

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Tue Aug 18 08:25:19 PDT 1998

Mistress Christianna asked:

>Would you mind sharing your recipies for your bruise ointment and tiger
>balm?  We sell an arnica gel at the health food store I work in, and have
>not found anything better than that to deal with bruises.  I am
>interested in your ingredients and methods.  Pretty please?

I would be happy to. I have some things to start clearing out here at
work first and then I have two more short experiments to work on
with the ointments before I actually post the information. I was
thinking this information would be useful to more than just me.
I'm glad someone else is interested in them.

Would anyone who has an idea of SCA publications be willing to
comment on the viability of an article (TI or otherwise) detailing
some common ointments? I'd be interested in sharing some of my experiments
with others in the Known World via larger print publications than
the local group newsletters, but I'm still quite unclear on what
the SCA has to say exactly about the publication of information
concerning herbs, recreations of balms, and and ointments created
in the spirit of period medicinals.

Jasmine
jasmine at infoengine.com