HERB - Moving plants and gardens

Carl and/or Anne Adamczyk grania1 at juno.com
Mon Aug 24 13:30:13 PDT 1998

My neighbors dug up their entire back lawn, removed climbing roses and
replaced the entire square footage with an above ground swimming pool
surrounded by 4 tons of river bottom rock which they bought specially for
this purpose.  Now he brags "the only thing I can grow is rock", as he
continues to admire the lush greeness of our yard.  The children,
however, are dyed in the wool urban dwellers.  They continually try to
poison the Concord grape vine, which, I have already told them, are table
grapes and they can pick what they want to eat.  The stupidity of these
kids is that they are also poisoning the ground on which they walk
barefoot because they use undiluted swimming pool chlorine to kill the
vine.  I have already spoken to them about calling the EPA and it hasn't
worked.  I quess there is just no accounting for the insensitive nature
of some folk.  Maybe sending these letters to Anne Landers or Dear Abby,
where they can be read by the uneducated masses is the beginnings of a
solution.

Grania