HERB - Molding Spices

Roberta R Comstock froggestow at juno.com
Tue Dec 8 14:25:49 PST 1998

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:02:49 -0500 mermayde at juno.com (Christine A
Seelye-King) writes:
>I have to wonder about the applesauce being tasty to the insects >and
critters we are prone to here in the south.  Even with a coating >of
Krylon, wouldn't they still smell like food?  (For that matter, I
>wonder if the plain spice would attract them?)
>
>(Wonky, indeed ;)
>Mistress Christianna

Yes, I can see an applesauce paste being attractive to insects.

But on the other hand, spraying with Krylon is going to cover and/or mask
the scents of the ingredients, which I thought was the whole point of
using those ingredients.

The pungeant spices are probably less likely to attract insects.

Coriander is one of my favorite flavors for chicken soup.  Was the other
one you mentioned cumin?  I buy that by the pound for personal use.  Love
it in chili and other Mexican type dishes and in curries, too!

Hertha