HERB - dye plants

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 3 07:06:40 PDT 1998

A lot of activity has been occurring on the Ansteorran  list about dye
plants, so I thought about listing a title of a good book.  I can't
remember whether it's out of print or not but it's sometimes found at used
book stores.  The name is "Nature's Colors" by Ida Grae, published by
Collier Books, New York, 1974.  (my book)  The author has basically walked
out and pulled and tried with any vegatl matter she can find.  She has used
incredible plants I would never think of to dye with.... tomato,
pittosporum,  plum leaves, you name it and if it grows in California she
tried it.  Good book to inspire you to go out and pick....

Clare