HERB - dye plants

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Sat Jul 4 11:18:11 PDT 1998

According to _Rodales's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Herbs_, it gets to five
feet tall when in flower.  It says to use the whole plant when in full
flower for dyeing. A line drawing in one of my other books seems to
indicate a tall, thin plant.

btw, the colors are   Lemon Yellow,   Alum & Cream of Tartar
		      Golden Yellow,   Chrome
		      Orange Yellow,   After simmering 1/2 hour for lemon yellow, add
					cream of tartar and Tin
		      Olive Green	       After simmering 1/2 hour for lemon yellow, add
					cream of tartar and Iron

Melandra of the Woods