HERB - Myrrh

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 16 08:11:07 PDT 1998

 As far as I know you can't grow myrrh in the US but I can't say that for
sure...  At one of the parks here, they are storax trees which produce a
really nice resin.  I think they may be from the same general family of
trees.  Sweet Cecily is also a myrrh smelling plant and can be grown in the
US but doesn't produce resins.

When I use myrrh, I use the resins that you can buy.  These are easily
dissolved in alcohol to form tinctures.  i also really like myyrh as
incense and have made that as well.

Does anyone else know if mrryh can be grown in the US?

Sorry,

Clare