HERB - basil & scented geranium

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Thu Jul 16 14:06:21 PDT 1998

116F? GOOD GRIEF! Come visit me. I swear I'll let you have
you're own bedroom and a cat to pet. It's hot in metro-Detroit,
but not *that* hot!

Raisya kindly asked:

>BTW, how's all the potted basil doing?

Quite well, actually. It's already been harvested once and
desperately needs it again. My boss (son of the man who
left me the plants) came into my office just now and said
"don't be suprised by naked basil plants tomorrow." I
can't believe how hearty these plants are. The oregano
that came next to it has pretty much filled up the pot it's
in too.

Now as to another plant that I was gifted with (well, I
paid something like $5 for it)....I have a ginger-scented
geranium that I picked up at a farmer's market over the
weekend. None of my books talk about this plant from an
historical perspective. And I have a lot of books. Do
we know of any period refs for these plants or is it a
recent invetion? The reason I ask is, well, don't hurt
me....this plant that I picked up comes up to my chest
in height and I'm roughly 5'7" tall. IT'S HUGE. I'll
probably do this anyway, but what do we know about
period *topiary*? Anything?

Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm (Metro-Detroit area of Michigan)
jasmine at infoengine.com or g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim