HERB - basil & scented geranium

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Thu Jul 16 14:49:38 PDT 1998

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Gaylin Walli wrote:
> Now as to another plant that I was gifted with (well, I
> paid something like $5 for it)....I have a ginger-scented
> geranium that I picked up at a farmer's market over the
> weekend. None of my books talk about this plant from an
> historical perspective. And I have a lot of books. Do
> we know of any period refs for these plants or is it a
> recent invetion?

Scented geraniums, according to Clarkson's _Enchanted Gardens_, come from
one of the Capes, and were not known in Europe, upper Africa, or Asia in
period...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental; HERMS Cyclonus)
         aka Aunt Bunny, mka Jennifer Heise
jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"Do we have to be forgiving at last?-- What else can we do?--
Do we have to say goodbye to the past? -- Yes I guess we do."