HERB - topiary

Margaret margaret at premier.net
Tue Jul 21 19:55:25 PDT 1998

RAISYA at aol.com wrote:

> >And what kind of plants could you put in something that
> >shallow.....
>
> General rule, avoid plants grown for their roots, most of them are deep
> rooting.  However, assuming that a wading pool would be about a foot deep,
> even small bushes could be grown in one.  Any herb that can be pot-grown would
> be a good candidate, a few I've pot-grown are - mints, chives, lavender,
> rosemary, watercress, sages, miniature roses, roquette, feverfew, catnip.
>
> Hope this sparks some ideas.
> Raisya Khorivovna

  Hmmm......This might be possible.  I could disguise the rim of the pool with
some of that redwood fencing material, so that it looks like a raised flower bed.
Plant my herbs in it, and the landlord will never know.  I think I'll start
planning now, and get started when the weather cools down a touch.  Thanks for the
hint

            Margaret Rose