HERB - Herbs of the week (clary sage)

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Fri Jul 24 12:46:35 PDT 1998

Raisya

>Thanks for the info on this!  I'd like to add clary to my garden
>in the future <G>.  Any hints on growing it?

I have some hints. Use crappy soil and place it anywhere that makes sense
and has sun.

This sounds pretty silly, but I've grown Clary Sage now in
two major climates (the UP, roughly zone 4 where I was, and then later
in far southwest Michigan which is what? Zone 6?). When I was
looking at a little backwoods herb farm not far from our family farm
in the middle of the state, I asked the owner the same question
and she essentially said "You know? As long as you water it and
give it sun, this is one *non*picky plant."

Your mileage may vary, though. :)

Jasmine
jasmine at infoengine.com