HERB - Re: saving chocolate mint

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 29 10:08:46 PDT 1998

 I thing not applying fertilizing is because it stimulates the growth of
leaves and stuff quicker that a sufficient root stock to sustain it.  You
could try taking a piece of the mint that still has any green and place it
in a solution of willow tree tips.  The willow tree tips contain a growth
enzyme that will stimulate root growth.  Rose rustlers use this to root
roses. (very hard to root, those buggers)  I've tried it using the
residential black will that grows down here with results.  once off a
denuded stick that I hadn't a clue what it was....  Jus collect a hand ful
of tips and place in a gallon of water.  this is also good for rooting
other things as well.

Clare