HERB - urkers

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 30 06:31:46 PDT 1998

 Bebinn's note made me realize something...... We have a lot of lurkers on
the list and you're always welcome.  This is a Ansteorran list but it's
great fun to talk to any herbalist no matter where or what level.  You can
always learn something from someone no matter what their level.  Gardening
fun and so are herbs.

It reminds me of a dye plant sample a friend of mine had.  It was a
beautiful shade of sky blue.  When I had used the plant from locally it
made a brassy gold color while his which came from Georgia was obviously
not.  This prompted a whole series of experiments trying to get blue from
gold.  Great fun.  We never got blue but some pretty interesting
experiments took place.

I think that these types of lists allow people to ask questions.  Which is
a very important step in learning.

So lurk and one day comment.

I know that they would love to meet you.  Maybe people could wear a green
ribbon so they can recognize each other.  I'm sorry that I won't be going
so I get a chance to meet many of you....

Clare