HERB - Chocolate mint

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Thu Jul 30 11:07:04 PDT 1998

Aislinn,

Several people recommended against using any fertilizer while trying to revive
your plant, but I have done so successfully.  I think the problem is that most
fertilizers are high in nitrogen, which stimulates leaf growth.  The
fertilizer I use on cuttings I'm rooting or "sick" plants is a weak seaweed
fertilizer which is very low in nitrogen, but has good amounts of phophorus
and potash, as well as some trace minerals.  Phosphorus and potash are
important for healthy, sturdy growth.  You might  consider this as the first
fertilizer once Clare's willow tip brew revives the plant's roots.

OTOH, I've never had a chocolate mint plant before, so I really can't say from
experience <G>.

Raiysa