HERB - Dittany

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Thu Jun 4 09:43:13 PDT 1998

Friar Galen wrote:
>I'm sitting in a hotel room right now, so this is strictly a shot from the
>hip. Is this a plant that was commonly used as an abortifacient? If so, it
>is extinct. There was an issue of "Archeology" magazine a few years ago
>with an extensive history.

I don't think so, but I'm at work. Dittany of Crete is for sale on the
web, though, at least:

http://www.countrystore-newburgh.com/herbprices.html
Dittany of Crete $2.50 for the rooted plant

It's also available from Windmill Farms Wholesdale Greenhouse
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/WindmillFarms/index.html

Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm
g.walli at infoengine.com or jasmine at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim