HERB - Charlemagne and Tusser

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 15:18:19 PDT 1998

Ooops, I should have explained my question mark.  Tusser mentions both winter
and summer savory, the Charlemagne list doesn't differentiate, so I'm not sure
which it meant.  Winter savory is the perennial, summer savory is the annual.
I've seen both identified as Old world in origin, but some of my books
contradict that, so I'm not positive.  It could be significant that
Charlemagne's list only mentions savory once, while Tusser specifies both
kinds.  It seems more reasonable to identify them seperately, but that doesn't
mean they thought the same way <G>.

Raisya