HERB - chamomile tea recipes??

nweders@mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 10 15:21:35 PDT 1998

 >1-3 minutes for flowers
>2-5 minutes for leaves

I'm at home today and looked through my books nearby.  Most of the books
state to let flowers and leaves steep for 3-5 minutes.  Roots are ussually
simmered for about 5-7 minutes depending on size.  While I think 10 may be
too long, 1 may be not enough.  Though I had a friend who made chinese
black tea by dipping her bag into the hot water three times.  This
fascinated me but I never saw her doing anything else. What made it even
more fascinating to me was that she lived in England for a while and tea
there is definitely steeped longer than three dips.

Clare