HERB - chamomile tea recipes??

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Wed Jun 10 15:34:56 PDT 1998

Clare wrote:

>I'm at home today and looked through my books nearby.  Most of the books
>state to let flowers and leaves steep for 3-5 minutes.  Roots are ussually
>simmered for about 5-7 minutes depending on size.

Hmm. Then it must be a book thing. The two books I have in the office
here, one published/written in the US and one published/written in
England both say 1-3 minutes for flowers. And neither of them
suggest simmering of roots for teas, in fact, expressly saying
not to do so for teas. Simmering in hot water is reserved for
decoctions alone in the arena of water-based extractions.

I suspect personal preferences by the authors are at work in
everyone's books.

Curious.

Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm
g.walli at infoengine.com or jasmine at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim