HERB - worm and catapillars

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 23 06:38:37 PDT 1998

 There is a spray that contains bacillus you can purchase at any nursery
under the organics area.  This bacillis is a bacteria that affects
catapillars and not other types of bugs, i.e. beneficial.  I have purchased
and used it for cabbage when I really gardened at the community gardens.
The full name is bacillus thuringis or something like that.  The best way I
have found to control catapillars is to go and make a deal with them.
Which sounds insane.

What I did at the garden is I had set out 14 broccoli plants and six
cabbage.  I then went out one morning and sat in the garden and
meditationed.  I kept thinking to the aphids and the worms that if they
would only eat a few I'd leave them alone.  Well, I had heavy infestations
of aphids and cabbage worms on three broccolis ad one cabbage and none or
little on the rest.  When I finished harvesting all my broccoli the plants
then became infested.

I tried this out after I read a couple of books about Findhorn and a woman
in Georgia who communicate with garden spirits.  I wanted to see if it
works.  Sounds insane but if you have read Lovelock and these books you
start hoping they're all correct.

Try either one they both work for me.  I also hand pick the worms and throw
them into the street....

Clare