HERB - worm and catapillars

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Tue Jun 23 06:05:06 PDT 1998

Clare wrote:
>I tried this out after I read a couple of books about Findhorn and a woman
>in Georgia who communicate with garden spirits [....] I also hand pick
>the worms and throw them into the street....

As luck would have it, I sort of did all three. I soaped them as
others on the list confirmed was good (Murphy's Oil soap is one
of the few I'm not allergic to, so that's what I used). I picked
the critters off and tossed them on the walkway. And I also sat
on my front stoop and told them all that the big 75 foot fence
across the walkway, the one covered with poison ivy and a dying
mulberry tree was all theirs if they would just leave my measly
little columbine alone.

My columbine looks a little worse for the wear, but it's growing
back. The critters are gone. And there's a HUGE dent in the poison
ivy that looks just like my columbine did when it first got eaten.

:)

Thanks for all your help, guys. I really appreciate all the kind
words.

Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm (Metro-Detroit area of Michigan)
jasmine at infoengine.com or g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim