HERB - Re: health & old meat

knotwork@juno.com knotwork at juno.com
Tue Jun 23 12:01:16 PDT 1998

Haven't you people heard of "heavy aged beef"?  the best steaks (and
prime rib) are from meat that has been hanging awhile.  It is more tender
and flavorful, and cooking should kill the little "buggies."  The reason
hamburger is such a problem is that waste material and germs on the
outside of the meat get ground into the mix.  Also saw a report that much
hamburger is adulterated with lamb, pork, and chicken that the butcher
couldn't sell.  This necessitates THOROUGH cooking of all ground meat
products.

My apologies for being off topic.  I'll say no more.  Maybe mold is an
herb?  :<)

Joanna