HERB - Re: HERB- documenting herbs for treating epilepsy?

khkeeler kkeeler at unlinfo.unl.edu
Fri May 1 05:54:24 PDT 1998

Rose d'Anjou wrote:

> If you are asking merely for information's sake, then hopefully you
> got what you were looking for.  If you are actually thinking of taking
> some herbal remedies to treat epilepsy/seizures, I would advise
> against it.

Rose, the original poster carefully stated she only wanted the
information.
But as each respondent edits for brevity, that quickly gets lost.
How can a list like this protect against misinterpretation?

>  sometimes modern medicine is the only way to go......
I absolutely agree, or, rather, I think that Period sources are so full
of misinformation {thank you, Rose, for a list I can use as
documentation of that) that they're not worth trying for real-life
healing.

I am thinking about starting an herb guild in Calontir because of my
concern about people trying Period remedies. (Failures by modern
medicine in no way validate period medicine!)  I see a guild as a means
to transmit the kind of information you just posted.

Do Ansteorran or other herb guild members have advice on that?

Agnes deLanvallei, Mag Mor, Calontir
(Laurel for plant lore, popularly called herbalism)
kkeeler1 at unl.edu