HERB - Favorite Herb

Carl and/or Anne Adamczyk grania1 at juno.com
Mon May 4 10:44:01 PDT 1998

On Mon, 4 May 1998 10:40:18 -0500 "Carol Ross"
<courtanvaux at geocities.com> writes:

>>Speaking of growing things.  What's eveyone's favorite herb to grow.
>My
>>used to be lemon balm.
>>
>>Clare

My fave right now is the big bush of Old English Lavender.  It was
difficult to get it started and each winter I pray that it winters over
well.  Each spring it is bigger and fuller with only a small patch of
damaged stalks.  The scent is relaxing and the  flower   buds can be used
in many ways.  We have bought more flats of true lavender this past week
and hope to have many such bushes to enjoy in years to come.

BTW, lemon balm marks the grave site of my favorite pet dog.  His name
was Winken, but picked up the nickname Stinker over time for far too many
reasons.  The lemon balm just migrated over his grave.  I wonder if
Mother Nature was working her magic in creating a fragrant spot for an
odoriforous pet.

Grania