HERB - Favorite Herb

Diana Habra dch at inreach.com
Tue May 5 00:05:31 PDT 1998

> >>Speaking of growing things.  What's eveyone's favorite herb to grow.
>
> My fave right now is the big bush of Old English Lavender.  It was
> difficult to get it started and each winter I pray that it winters
> over
> well.  Each spring it is bigger and fuller with only a small patch of
> damaged stalks.  The scent is relaxing and the  flower   buds can be
> used
> in many ways.  We have bought more flats of true lavender this past
> week
> and hope to have many such bushes to enjoy in years to come.

I agree with your sentiment.  Except that I grow french lavender (the
one with the bumpy and kind-of fuzzy leaves).  All I have to do is
lightly rub my fingers over the leaves and I have instant lavender
perfume on my hand!  It is such a relaxing scent that I feel wonderful
after I smell it.   And the flowers are pretty, too.

Roseline