HERB - Garlic

Ceridwen ceridwen at commnections.com
Mon May 4 12:29:08 PDT 1998

herbalist at Ansteorra.ORG wrote:

> Anti- Squirrell Theft Prevention Depth!! (Actually they do just fine
> with
> shallow planting, if I can get the darn rodents with furry tails to
> leave
> my bulbs alone!!!)
>         What area of the country do you live in?  I have noticed that
> normal plants thrive to their largest potential here in the not-quite
> sub-tropical south.  (=Atlanta. Let's not even talk about Kudzu!)
> Mistress Christianna
> >

> _

    As an attempt to keep the little furry B*****ds out of my bulbs of
whatever kind, I've discovered a way to slow 'em down, if not completely
frustrate them. Dig yer hole, place yer bulb and over the bulb place one
of those little green plastic berry baskets  with a hole snipped out of
the center of the bottom  *upside down*.  Work the soil into the basket
firmly and cover the whole thing. The bulb can put up its greens through
the hole.  The critters know what's there, and it creates no end of
amusement watching them having fits when they can't dig through the
thing. Of course, letting the cats have the run of the place helps
too... they keep each other amused. (no fatalities so far)

Ceridwen