HERB - Herbal Pest Repellants

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon May 4 13:40:25 PDT 1998

 Of course, letting the cats have the run of the place helps
>too... they keep each other amused. (no fatalities so far)
>
>Ceridwen
	Yes, well, neighborhood cats are another problem.  My cat just
killed a lovely English Daisy I planted by sleeping on it until dead.
She also likes to play kitty hostess to the other cats around, and they
LOVE my garden.  And then there's the sacrifices, lovely, plump, dead
chipmunks and mice, voles, moles, and the occasional rat, brought to my
doorstep, with love and purrs, courtesy of your friendly cat, Just to let
you know I'm holding up my end of the bargain here,...
Ah, well, better dead than alive, I guess.
	How about discussing herbal pest and rodent deterrants?  Garlic
planted with roses, marigolds, I recall someone posting that they were
growing pennyroyal and thyme (? the first I 've heard of using thyme)  to
strew around their pavillion at war, that sort of thing.  I tried growing
southernwood for a while, and made cheesecloth packets with lavender
flowers, southernwood sprigs, and something else I can't remember now,
and put them in between my wool fabric.  I have tried using pennyroyal
baths on my dogs to treat for fleas, but I haven't had much success with
that (or with chemicals, for that matter).
What else has worked for folks?

Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies