HERB - Favorite Herb

Sigrid PW SigridPW at aol.com
Wed May 6 20:24:00 PDT 1998

FYI -- lemon balm is a mint and shoud be regarded as a predator!  Don't put it
any where is can spread out!  Grab your children!  Run! Hide!

No, truly, all mints will spread and do their best to take over, whether
anthing else is already growing there or not.  You cannot kill it.  You can
cut it right down to the ground and it will sprig forth anew.  If you don't
water it, it will shrivel and die.  Or so you THINK!  But let it get a few
good rains, and the thing will live again!  I know, I've done this.  Every
joint puts down roots, so even if you put it in a pot, keep it trimmed up off
the ground or it will root.  Cut the flowers right away, or the will spread
seed into all that lovely yard around your pots and you'll be DOOMED!
DOOOOOOMED, I tell you!  One little root hair will eventually send up a new
plant, and then it's all over.  AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!  My grandfather never did
get the mint out of his garden, even years after the garden was gone...  when
the ground was hardpacked and bare and used for repairing motors.  Even
THEN... he would get out his shovel and "get rid of this god-d****d mint" that
had continued to spring up.  I'm not making this up!  Mints are EVIL!!!!!  Run
for your lives!!  Call your local garden shop to exorcise this malignant
demon!  Napalm might do it.

Sigrid Pigwoman
aka Madeleine de la Chatte Enfumee
(whose mint and lemon balm are trying to escape thier pots, even as we speak)