HERB - Favorite Herb

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 7 12:35:54 PDT 1998

 I think I must be cursed two plants -- I really want in my garden and I
can never get them to grow are thyme and mints. Try as I might my mints
just seem uninterested in growing.  I've planted in pots, near faucets, in
sun, in shade, you name it I've tried it.  People have given me cuttings
from their grandmothers mint that survives our humid summers and no luck.
I can grow any allium in existance including some little wild onions with
tiny bulbs on top but no mint and no thyme.

So of course I really want them in my yard. But lemon balm, mugwort,
perilla and epazote do extremely well.  Also my vertiver grass does pretty
good.... but give me good old fashioned mint anyday...

***sigh***

Clare