HERB - Mint Woes

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu May 7 09:22:16 PDT 1998

>So of course I really want them in my yard. But lemon balm, mugwort,
>perilla and epazote do extremely well.  Also my vertiver grass does
>pretty good.... but give me good old fashioned mint anyday...
>***sigh***
>Clare
	First off, what are you doing to kill them?  This information
would be handy!  Of course you know that your lemon balm is a mint, don't
you?  Have you tried digging up a patch of that (as it is obviously
growing where mint likes it) and transplanting one of your desired mints
in it's place?  You might find that your new mint smells kind of lemony,
but, hey, that's better than nothing, right?
	Good Luck,
	Christianna