HERB - herbal period reference....

Katherine Blackthorne kblkthrn at midtown.net
Thu May 7 12:50:49 PDT 1998

jasmine de cordoba, Midrealm wrote:
> > You know what I really wish we had? A comprehensive reference of
> > plants that are listed in original source material and any other
> > period source material, including a listing of their current
> > botanical and any previous botanicals they might have had. Anyone
> > know of one?

> > Sara/Evaine wrote

> I smell a project here. This would be a big help to those of us (me) who
> are just starting our remedial plant education. Not even hard, just a
> standard cross-referenced index listing with two or three sort keys and a
> notes field. Does anyone know if such a thing exists either in whole or
in
> part? Surely someone has needed this type of info before. Or I can build
> it from scratch if you good gentles will supply the raw data. (Did I just
> type what I think I just typed?) Oh, dear, here we go again. <vbg> So
much
> for retirement!

Zounds, Sarah, you're more ambitious (and apparently more Web-talented)
than I! I wouldn't know where to begin with such a project!  But I suppose
this IS the sort of reference we may have to create ourselves....I really
can't envision Mundanes having any reason for such an undertaking.

Well, in the few weeks I've been on this list, it's begun to feel more &
more like a conversation the women in my family might have if we all got
together in funny clothes over a pot of mint tea....So I feel a sense of
family obligation.

If there's any way someone in the West Kingdom can help in this endeavor,
let me know!

Katherine Blackthorne
Province of Golden Rivers
Principality of Cynagua