HERB - Aloe Question

Katherine Blackthorne kblkthrn at midtown.net
Fri May 8 15:02:09 PDT 1998

Roseline wrote
> And now I have a favor to ask.  Does anyone know how to successfully
> reduce fresh aloe juice so that it is storable for a period of time?
> I have extracted the juices and kept them in my refrigerator for a
> while, but they last only for maybe a month at a time.  I have also
> tried cooking/reducing it only to have it come out a medium brown,
> yucky-looking color.  So if anyone has done this successfully or has
> any suggestions, I would be grateful.

Why not break off a piece and take it with you.  As a succulent it
should stay useable
for weeks.

Agnes
kkeeler1 at unl.edu

I store the whole leaves in my refrigerator in plastic wrap...They have
ALWAYS stayed "good" until the leaf was used up.
Katherine Blackthorne
Province of Golden Rivers
Principality of Cynagua
Kingdom of the West