HERB - Herbal database

Raphaela of Bere Glyn raphaela at pacbell.net
Fri May 8 21:50:11 PDT 1998

Hi,
Just found a quick note on the Caid list about needing some assistance
with herbal identities and this is my main area of research so I thought
I'd offer my help if you need it.
Mundanely, I'm known as Dyan Pratt and I have studied herbal properties
and former names for 25 years.  I love how certain "Christian"
missionaries decided to christen healing herbs with new names and
discovering the original name and properties is indead a daunting task
to say the least.  I have already done extensive research in this area
but have not transfered it to my computer yet.
I can honestly say that to do a complete work would take years it would
be best to start with the most commonly used herbs and progress from
there.
I don't know who I am writting to or if you even need my help, but I am
always interested in comparing notes.  The other thing I noticed within
the document I received is referencing on the net.  It is very difficult
to find current documentation in this country, Germany is the only
country which uses herbal and natural forms of healing first (aside from
the orient)and then proceeds to chemical means only if necessary.  I do
have some of the most  current documentation of trials done on herbal
remedies in the U.S. and I am constantly searching for more.  If I can
be involed in your project please don't hesitate to email me.
In Service,
Lady Raphaela of Bere Glyn
House Drachenholtz
Barony of Angels