HERB - Mint

Sigrid PW SigridPW at aol.com
Sun May 10 19:40:36 PDT 1998

Meadue Wolf wrote:

>Of course if these mints will grow without having to baby them it is just
fine with me!

Mint grows to spite you.  That is its only misson in life.  Trust me, I know.

>I'm really not sure what I really need. Something for bugs. (really hate
>bugs!)

Sorry, but mint is no help for bugs.  Snails love 'em.  The mint just grows
faster than snails can eat 'em, so even SNAILS can't do them in.  Everything
loves mint.  Ants, earwigs, slugs, everything.  They just can't KILL IT!!

>and as a freshener.

Now, here you've hit on it.  ANY mint, even the scented ones freshen anything.
Put them in your linen closets and you towels will smell SO sweet.  Also in a
lace pillow, like a sachet.  And, of course, there is tea.  Peppermint,
spearmint, fresh or dried.  Fresh leaves in iced teais WONDERFUL on a hot day!

Hope these are some useful suggestions.  Good luck!

Sigrid Pigwoman
aka Madeleine de la Chatte Enfumee