HERB - ephedra

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Tue May 12 11:33:13 PDT 1998

>Ephedra contains a chemical which acts as a stimulant.... It is
>either the thing that ephedrizine is from or Ephedrizine is named after.
>It affects you the same way antihystaemines (sp) do.

Something to keep in mind with regards to ephedra and its use
in medication. Ephedrine extracted from the plant parts leaves out
important balancing chemicals. Taking an antihistamine or remedy with
extracted ephedrines or pseudo ephedrines is not the same thing
as consuming the plant as a whole. Media hoopla has neglected to
say anything about this fact.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads where it originated?
According to what I know it could be any or all of the following:
West Central China, Southern Siberia, or Japan. I've not been able
to track it much further than that.

Jasmine de Cordoba, midrealm
jasmine at infoengine.com or g.walli at infoengine.com