HERB - yohimbe

knotwork@juno.com knotwork at juno.com
Fri May 15 14:13:05 PDT 1998

Why is it that so many of us (especially in the SCA) need to lose so much
weight?  I wouldn't mind dropping 100 lbs. or so myself.  I have spent
most of my life on diets, alternating with "body self acceptance"
therapy.  God and I both love me as I am, but for my health's sake I
really need to lose.

I have tried Weight Watchers, packaged food programs, diet cookies, KLB6,
amphetimine pills, liquid protein, grapefruit, and even injections of an
extract from the urine of pregnant women!  (I don't even want to know how
they got it.)  I have stopped the insanity, dealt a meal, and
hyperventillated to the oldies.  If you find something that works, you
could get rich!

Now I just try to eat "healthy" (whatever that means).  Celestial
Seasonings and Stash teas have gotten me off Coca-Cola, though.  I like
Orange Spice, Jasmine Green, and Red Zinger. Teas with lemon grass are
good, but I don't care for wood betony.   I keep a jug in the fridge all
the time, and alternate between caffeinated and non-caf herb teas.  I
haven't lost much weight yet, but figure it saves me around  1000 to 1500
calories a week over the sugared sodas.

Good luck to us all.

Your sister in the struggle,

Joanna