Weight loss (was:Re: HERB - yohimbe)

Katherine Blackthorne kblkthrn at midtown.net
Wed May 20 18:27:22 PDT 1998

> >My friend with the Ph.D. in Microbiology from Stanford insists the
> stuff
> >causes brain damage and won't touch it.
> >Katherine
> >
> How weird. My friend with the Ph.D. in biochemistry (and who is a
> practicing nutritionist, both in the lab and in the hospitals) says it's
> far better than saccharine, and recommends it for anyone trying to cut
> calories! :) (Unless, of course, they're one of the people who
> experiences the side effects from it.)
>
> I have no problems with the stuff, and still say it's better than the
> alternatives. But then, I AM diabetic...
>
> Catriona Rowley

And the only sodas I drink contain it.  (Sugared sodas taste disgusting
after all those years with diabetics around me.  All slimy....)
Still, I'll be seeing "my" pH at the end of the month, and I'm planning on
asking him for the details.  (Asking Jason for specifics usually leads to
more details than anyone else wanted, but this conversation has me
curious....)
--Katherine