HERB - fenugreek

Maria Fowler vyper at san.rr.com
Fri May 22 14:03:48 PDT 1998

I just thought I would pass this information along to other nursing
mothers.  After deciding to nurse my daughter, I had a big problem with
my milk supply after her doctor insisted she needed to be supplemented
with formula.  The baby preferred the bottle and no longer wanted to
nurse.  I did some research to find out how to increase my milk.  You
can take fenugreek, which I use in combination with brewers yeast.  It
took alot of patience, but now at 8 months, my daughter is in the swing
of nursing again.  There is a prescription remedy also for this called
Raglan.   Also, if the baby is gassy, you can take either mother's tea
(also will help with supply) or fennel.  I take the capsule form, but
one can also drink the tea's.
Ciao