HERB - adding oil to powder

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Wed Nov 4 06:04:29 PST 1998

Yvette Royd asked:

>Please excuse my ignorance as I am very new to all this.... Does the powder
>not clump when you add the oils?  Sounds like a wonderful project I'd like
>to try sometime!

To fragrance powder like this you need not add large amounts of
essential oil (or whatever liquid you add for fragrance). Last
year when I made bath salts for the first time I was suprised at
how little scent you actually need. When you add the oil, you're
adding a matter of DROPS, not teaspoons or cups, in my experience.
With this small amount, I've found it's not been too difficult
to shake the clumps out and continue shaking until the scent is
reasonably evenly distributed.

Hope this helps,

jasmine
Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm, g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim