HERB - Resins

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Nov 5 08:10:53 PST 1998

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:59:45 EST RAISYA at aol.com writes:
>Grania,
>
>You know, I wasn't even aware that they used plain charcoal brickettes
><G>.
>Then again, I have to admit I've never seen incense burned in a
>church, either

>Raisya

They aren't exactly plain charcoal briquettes.  They are pressed into a
round block, with an indention in the top to hold the resins.  They are
ususally sold in tubes of 10 or so, right next to the incense.
I will never forget going to Evensong at St. Bartholomew's Episcopal
Church, where we regularily participate in their Olde English Festival.
Someone accidentally put the Censor down on top of a cold air return
vent, and pretty soon the entire Sanctuary was filled with Frankinsense
smoke!  Now, that was special!
	Christianna