HERB - RECIPE: Lavender Cookies

Carl/Anne Adamczyk ladygrania at juno.com
Thu Nov 5 12:09:33 PST 1998

Jasmine,

Thanx for all the great gift ideas.  They will certainly come in handy
this year.

Since lavender is one of the easiest dried herbs to get, I thought I
would add my 2 cents worth.  The following recipes are taken from the
September 1996 edition of Country Living Magazine.

Lavender Vinaigrette

	Lavender Vinegar

	In a 1 pint jar with lid mix 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar and 1
tsp of 	dried lavender flowers.  Cover, shake, and set aside
overnight..  Next 	day. strain vinegar and discard lavender.

In a 1 cup cruet or jar with a tight fitting lid, combine 1/4 cup of
lavender vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 tsp of salt.  Cover, shake
and refrigerate until ready to serve.

 Lavender Frozen Yogurt

1 1/2 cups skim milk
2 tsps dried lavender flowers
1 16 oz container of plain yogurt
1 14 oz can of condensed skimmed  milk (the sweet, thick stuff)
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a 1 qt saucepan, heat skim milk and lavender over a low heat until
bubbles appear around the side of the pan.  Set aside until cooled to
room temperature.  Cover and refrigerate until cold, several hours or
overnight.

In a large bowl, combine yogurt, condensed milk, and vanilla.  Gradually
stir in lavender milk.  Freeze in ice cream maker following
manufacturer's directions.

Spoon frozen yogurt into airtight container and freeze until firm, about
1-2 hours.

Any further, inexpensive herbal gift ideas are always welcome.

Thanks again.

Grania