HERB - slow cookers and double-boilers and projects

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Fri Nov 6 05:25:36 PST 1998

Hertha wrote:

>Boom Boom sounds like a good candidate for heating in a double boiler of
>slow cooker.  Either would reduce the fire hazard considerably.

That's an excellent idea and I thank you for it. I hadn't honestly
considered it. I've just always been extremely careful (in actuality,
I only just received a double boiler and I don't own a slow cooker).
I'll probably suggest this as an alternate preparation in the next
incarnation of the recipe (assuming that people aren't as impatient
as I am to get the stuff in the bottle). :)

Speaking of which, does anyone else use slow cookers for their
projects? I've been making use of a pseudo-double-boiler (a
secured coffee can in an old pot) for things like melting wax
because it's too dangerous in the microwave or in a plain old
pan. Slow cookers take a little extra time, but would they work
for something like this?

>It looks really good!

Thanks!

Jasmine