HERB - herbal gifts

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Thu Nov 12 13:59:35 PST 1998

Clare wrote:

>You could also make tea blends put them in
>attractive mugs with the little spoon distillers.

I'm also putting together some tea blends for close relatives, but
putting them in the sealble tea bags. There are some health problems
that my family deals with that are nicely buoyed by herb treatments
that I can provide (thus keeping them from seriously messing with
their lives by listening to the goofy next door neighbor lady who,
pardon me, is a complete nutcase). :)

I have a tea blend from Herbs for Health that I'm making that has
all period ingredients in it, used to assist in treatment of cervical
dysplasia (abnormal cell growth on the cervix, sometimes indicating
that cancer is developing). Anyone interested?

>Period herb blends would make a cool gift for medieval cooks.

Powder Forte and Powder Douce are good ideas, I think. This was
just being talked about on the Cooks List (as I'm sure some of
you know. I could find out if the authors will let us repost a
few of those pieces here. (Or maybe Phlip could? *grin*)

>moth repellents  for spinners and weavers are a real plus as
>well.   I hate the smell of moth balls in my unspun wool.

That recipe I posted for sniffy bags is an excellent way to help
with the bugs and moths. To bolster it, I'd suggest adding a
little Southernwood (Artemesia abrotanum) if you can find it
(I can't here or I'd probably use it). Choose the varietal that
smells best to you. I know of three: camphor-, lemon-, and
tangerine-scented.

jasmine
Jasmine de Cordoba, Midrealm, g.walli at infoengine.com

"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem
nulli placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci."
-- Hroswith of Gandersheim