HERB - "Decker, Margaret" <margaret@Health.State.OK.US>: SC - Hot drinks

Roberta R Comstock froggestow at juno.com
Fri Nov 13 14:44:27 PST 1998

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 23:34:28 -0500 mermayde at juno.com (Christine A
Seelye-King) writes:
>An herb question from the Cook's List.
>	Christianna

what would be a good period non-alcoholic hot drink. I know >that hot
chocolate, coffee (as we serve it today) and tea are not in >period but
are herbal infusions and if so which ones?
>Margarite
>Namron - Anesteorra
>Norman OK

Many herbal teas, or tisanes, are period.  Some can be blended and used
to flavor syrups which are then diluted with water for drinking (hot or
cold).  There's always hot spiced cider, too.
I usually drink secanjabin cold, but it would probably be tasty hot this
time of year.  It's a syrup of sugar with vinegar and mint in it.

Hertha