HERB - "Decker, Margaret" <margaret@Health.State.OK.US>: SC - Hot drinks

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 13 14:51:30 PST 1998

>Many herbal teas, or tisanes, are period.  Some can be blended and used
>to flavor syrups which are then diluted with water for drinking (hot or
>cold).  There's always hot spiced cider, too.
>I usually drink secanjabin cold, but it would probably be tasty hot this
>time of year.  It's a syrup of sugar with vinegar and mint in it.
>
>Hertha

I'd be really interested in seeing what you have in documentation.  Most of
the docs I have found used herbs as medicinals or in alcohol.  I'm working
my way through a book on Anglo saxon food and beverage.   The sejanjabin is
one, I know and what little I have found is mentioned in Arabic.

Thanks a great deal....

Clare