HERB - re: drinks

Lisa Sawyer ysabeau at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 15 10:11:30 PST 1998

Ysabeau here, delurking to ask about the mulled wine recipe. I
discovered a wonderful hot wine drink last year- Gluwein. It is
traditionally made with red wine which I think would be similar to the
recipe that was printed. However, I found a vintner on the Mosel that
made Gluwein from white wine.I think it was a Riesling or Spatlese. I
would like to duplicate it as it was delicious (Clare, did you get to
try some that sent Gwenllian?). My question is do you think the same
spices would work with white wine? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Ysabeau of Prague