HERB - Looking for an herbal Mouse deterrent

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Sun Nov 15 13:46:33 PST 1998

Greetings all.

I live out in the country, and am having more and more problems with
fieldmice coming into the house, especially for the winter.  My parents say
that there isn't a lot I can do about it (they are next door, with lots of
semi-wild cats) until my house gets finished (we're blocking openings as we
go but it won't be done for a while)
My son's kitten has finally reached the point that she is big enough to
catch them (hooray - three in two days!!) but they are still haunting my
kitchen and have already become wary of the cat.  I don't want to use
poison because of the cat and because I fed the ones she caught to my
snake, and they seem to avoid the traps that I have put out.  My question
is this - are there any herbs that I can strew around my food shelves and
cabinets that will serve as a deterrent?  I used borax under my sink, and
that seemed to work for a while, but I've noticed evidence that they are
back.  Most of my food is in Tupperware, and what isn't now should be soon,
but I still hate seeing the evidence of their passage in my shelves and  on
my tupperware.  Any and all suggestions are appreciated!!  Thanks

Melandra of the Woods